The PayLink app is available for download on the PAX A920 and PAX A60 Android payment terminals. The app can connect to your Micros POS or OrderCounter POS systems, or be used as standalone, and allows you to pull a list of checks from the POS, where you can apply a payment, send a digital receipt, or send a PayLink to your customer’s mobile device.
Wait-staff can enter orders in the POS system and use the PayLink app to pull a list of all open checks. From there:
1. Wait-staff can accept payments through the Android Pax terminal (swipe, NFC, and EMV compatible) and post payments to the POS system. Customers can then receive a digital receipt by entering their mobile number or receive a printed receipt from the terminal.
2. Wait-staff can send a PayLink via text message to the customer’s mobile phone. The customer can open the link to their check and pay by entering their card details to submit a secure online payment using their mobile browser. This includes the options for customers to check out using Google Pay or Apple Pay.
Note: This can include the ability to allow customers to add items to their check using the Add to Order function on their receipt. Contact support for more information about allowing customers to add items to their order.
Customer check (with Add to Order)
Browser notifications are sent to you when a customer completes a payment and when items are added to an order.
Customers can receive digital receipts sent to their mobile device.
Staff can easily enter split payments to allow multiple payments on a single check.
Enable tip suggestion prompts to easily accept and promote tipping on orders.
Guests can submit a 1-5 star rating based on their experience (this rating is only viewable in your PayLink portal).
The PayLink app enables staff to tender partial payments.
2. Select the menu icon at the top right of the screen and select "Settings".
3. Enter your Username and Password and press “Save Changes”. These are the credentials from your PayLink account, make sure have already registered for a PayLink account.
Note: If you need to reset your login information or have forgotten your password please use the Forgot Password? link on the login screen on the PayLink web portal and enter your username, this will send you an email to reset your password. You can also reset your password by clicking here.
4. This will take you to the “Checks” page where you can view and open a list of checks from the POS.
To log in with an Employee account, press “Log Out” at the bottom right. On the sign-in screen, press the “Employee” tab. Enter the employee number and press “Log in”.
To add/edit employees, navigate to the Employees page in your PayLink portal.
How to search for checks
You can search by check or table number to easily find open checks. Orders are sorted by the date they were created, with the most recent at the bottom.
Note: We recommend searching by check number for more precise results.
To begin a new search, just start typing in the search bar and the results will be filtered automatically.
You can accept EMV/NFC/swipe payments from your Pax Android device using the PayLink app.
1. Log in and navigate to the "Checks" tab.
2. Select a check.
3. Press “Pay” and select a tip amount (if applicable).
4. Then enter a card payment. (EMV, NFC, or Manual)
5. After payment, the customer can enter a 1-5 star rating and choose how'd they like to receive their receipt. This can be either a link to a digital receipt or a paper receipt.
6. Customers can obtain their receipt in two ways:
Digital Receipt: Send a digital receipt to the customer by entering their mobile number and pressing the “Send” button.
Paper receipt: Print a paper receipt by pressing the “Receipt” button and then pressing “Print to PAX”.